Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lessons Learned

So... tis' been an eventful first half of the year. Lots of things have happened and I am VERY surprised at all the lessons that have come my way. Here are some of my special nuggets....

** that sounds like I'm referring to "special poops". YAH! I said poops. Like you've never said it before?

  • I can't drink alcohol like I used to - My girlfriends and I started drinking at 5 pm and continued until 12ish. Tequila and rum. Oh man.
  • Staying up late is hard and believe me, I've tried. I was ready to sleep at 10:30 pm!
  • My recovery rate is most definitely not what it used to be - the next morning, I had a bitch of a headache! That's right! I said bitch! I felt like I had a vice on my head! And it did not help that I had allergies, because every time I sneezed, the vice tightened.
  • I like to eat and I like sweets. Just thought I'd put that out there. You know, for whenever.
  • I love "love". I know. It's hokey. But it's real. I rejoice in love. Not just within the love that you share with your special someone, but with everyone. (I wouldn't normally share this with anyone, being all vulnerable and shit, but the only person who would reads this is my cousin and she knows me already.)
  • There truly is no place like home and I'm realizing this more and more as I get a little older. A little. I love being at home and being with myself. And I'm also realizing that I need to move out. I need my own space where I can do as I damn well please and, for real, I need to move to Vancouver!! 3 hours of travel time to and from Surrey to the job. But I do get to nap.
  • I need to sing... all the time! True story. It needs to be done if I want to keep my sanity. Singing makes me happy, releases tensions, and helps to pass the time when I working on tedious projects. I usually sing Miss Saigon in its entirety. Did I ever mention that I love musicals?
  • Surround yourself with positive, like-minded people. Here's another true story. I consider myself a pretty positive, happy, sun-shiny (day) person. I am a people person and pleaser. I am trusting and trustworthy. Or at least I was. I work in an industry that is tough, selfish and... just plain tough. From what I've learned, in order to get any where, you not only need to work hard, but also have a sense of ruthlessness. This it doesn't matter what other people think of me or how I hurt them, as long as I'm doing well, it's all good kind of attitude.... I can't get with. I've tried, been trying, but I get this uneasy feeling in my chest, I can't breathe and I feel utterly guilty. And stupid.
  • I absolutely need to be more selective about the company I keep! I thought I learned this back in high school, but apparently, I forgot. Meh.
Oh man, that a bit of a rant. Ok. The end.

1 comment:

sassytoon said...

the first few things belong on my list too... man, I can't drink, even when I pretend that I can.